Welcome to Columbia Valley Community Economic Development
The communities of the Columbia Valley, via the Columbia Valley Community Economic Development Advisory Commission (CVCEDAC), are working together in a community economic development (CED) partnership and to work towards broader economic development objectives of the region including, but not limited to:
- Increasing resilience by diversifying and strengthening the economy of the Columbia Valley.
- Increasing year-round, quality local employment opportunities.
- Increasing and retaining permanent residents.
- Supporting entrepreneurship, new business development and existing business growth.
- Promoting local investment and the benefits of same.
- Promoting business models with sound environmental and social practices.
- Collaborating with, and enhancing the work of, other agencies currently undertaking economic development initiatives.
What is Community Economic Development?
“Community Economic Development (CED) is action by people locally to create economic opportunities that improve social conditions, particularly for those who are most disadvantaged. CED is an approach that recognizes that economic, environmental and social challenges are interdependent, complex and ever-changing.” – The Canadian CED Network